Are you in need of a new garbage disposal but find your budget is tight? Are you afraid you cannot afford a high-quality unit? Worry no more! The Waste King Legend Series L-111 1/3 HP is a lightweight, low price, high-quality disposal. The unit is among the very best disposal appliances on the market. The speedy mounting system adds to its appeal. However, so does the light, durable construction, powerful, quiet motor, and entry level pricing. Additional highlights include:
- Removable splash guard for ease of unit cleaning.
- Permanent magnet motor lends power to the grinding of the unit.
- In home two-year warranty.
- Works with your home septic tank.
- Includes power cord for ease of connectivity.
The Waste King Legend Series L-111 is the best unit to buy if you want a compact style garbage disposal. This appliance measures 12.68 inches x 5.18 inches by 5.18 inches. The compact design makes it an easy fit underneath your kitchen sink. This unit also comes with all of the following:
- Manual reset overload protector in the front of the disposal for ease of resetting the unit.
- Permanently lubricated bearings to ensure the smooth operation of the disposal.
- Glass filled, polyester corrosion proof grinding chamber ensures the longevity and durability of the disposal.
- Stainless steel swivel impellers mean strong grinding action.
Size & Power / Noise
The Legend Series L-111 is a disposal has a motor offering up 1900 RPM so you are going to deal with a bit of noise when it’s running. Nevertheless, the noise level is something you’ll find tolerable. Louder noises can occur if you are grinding fruit pits or small bones. If you accidentally drop utensils in the unit or even a bottle cap, then the noise can become abrupt.
Feed & Grinder
Despite the smaller motor, the power of the unit will definitely leave you impressed. The L-111 is best for light grinding disposal needs. If you require something a bit heftier, you can opt for the 2600 or the 8000 from the same series by Waste King instead. In terms of its continuous feed function, the unit allows for speedier disposal of waste because you can continuously push waste into the disposal as it runs. This means fast grinding and disposal of food waste.
Pros of the Waste King L-111
- The quality of the unit is worthy of its price.
- Remarkable affordability.
- Compact, ultra-light design.
- Comes with a two year in home warranty on the unit.
Cons of the Unit
- You may find the ultra thin rubber flange gasket sold with the device is insufficient in establishing a leak proof connection.
- The sink flange and support ring are plastic: This may lead to a question of durability and longevity.
- With the splash guard in place, you may find the opening on the sink a bit too small. However, you must leave the splashguard on the unit when it is in operation.
Do’s / Don’ts
- Before you install the appliance, make sure you read the entire user’s manual. Even if you are skilled at installing these types of appliances, you still need to find out about the unit.
- Gather the tools you will need to install the unit in advance: You will require a hammer, hacksaw, flathead screwdriver, Phillips screwdriver, steel punch, pipe wrench, and a strain relief.
- When you try to clean the disposal, make sure you turn the unit off at the power switch before doing so.
- Do not use your bare hands to clean out the disposal.
- Keep the splashguard on the unit when it is in operation.
- Do not put the following items into the L-111 garbage disposal: cornhusks, hot liquids, hot grease, utensils, aluminum foil, tin cans, bottle caps, metal, large whole bones, plastic, china, glass, caustic drain cleaner products, oyster shells, or clam shells.
- The unit will slow down when grinding and the swivel impellers make a clicking sound when in operation: These sounds are normal so don’t let it alarm you.
- When the unit finishes grinding up the food waste, run cold water down the drain for about 15 seconds to flush it out.
The Waste King Legend Series L-111 stands among one of the best garbage disposal units you can buy. The disposal is easy to install due to the EZ mount system. The appliance’s light but durable design ensures the product’s long-term durability. The Series L-111 delivers up enough power for your basic disposal grinding needs, but for hefty tasks, a different model might prove ideal for you and your needs. We hope you find our Waste King L-111 Garbage Disposer review useful.