Are you tired of dealing with a garbage disposal that keeps getting clogged up and simply refuses to grind up food? Maybe you’re tired of the amount of noise your disposal puts out. That’s when it’s time to replace the unit. If you do, you’ll want to try the Waste King L-8000. It is an exceptional garbage disposal because it is so easy to install. The unit has just enough horsepower behind it to grind up stringy foods like some vegetables, so you won’t have to worry about clogs. Other features include:
- 1hp compact disposer unit.
- EZ mounting system for ease of sink hooks up.
- Grinding components made of stainless steel for durability.
- Insulated for noise reduction.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Permanent 2800 high-speed magnet motor lending operation and grinding power.
- Pre-installed power cord.
- Removable splash guard.
- Weighs 14.9 pounds.
View more information on features.
Design of the Garbage Disposal
The Waste King L-8000 measures 16 1/16” high x 8 5/8” wide so it’s a small install. It’s going to be easy to clean because the splash guard is removable. It comes with a power cord, and the Waste King l-8000 is fitted with a hookup for a dishwasher if you have one. The reset button is on the front of the unit, and the Waste King l-8000 operates with your septic tank. Additional highlights include:
- Cast stainless steel swivel impellers for durable parts for grinding.
- Continuous feed functions for ease of disposing garbage quickly.
- Hardware and plumbing components are included with the unit.
- Sleeve type permanently lubricated bearings to ensure the smooth operation of the unit.
- The garbage disposal unit connects to a wall-mounted power switch.
Size & Power / Noise of the Unit
With the Waste King L-8000, you’ll appreciate its relatively quiet operation. It has stainless steel swivel impellers that grind up food easily. Its’ insulated interior helps in reducing noise too. This makes the L-8000 the perfect disposal to replace your current noisemaker! The main noise you’ll hear from the unit comes from the sink drain, and the unit is even quieter if you are running water while operating it.
Feed & Grinder on the L-8000
The continuous feed on the Waste King disposal means that the unit will continue to operate from the moment you turn it on. The continuous feed function ensures faster grinding of larger amounts of waste, and that means fewer clogs! The Vortex 2800 RPM permanent magnet motor to give the unit all the power it needs to handle continuous waste feed and super fast grinding functions.
Pros of the Garbage Disposal
You’ll get plenty of advantages from the L-8000, including all of the following perks:
- If you’ve got a dishwasher, you can hook it up to the disposal.
- If you’re a do-it-yourselfer, the unit is an easy install.
- Its’ energy efficiency.
- It will provide you with mess free, jam free operation.
Cons Associated with the Unit
There are a few disadvantages you will find with the L-8000 too, including:
- An unsettling clanking sound sometimes occurs when you turn it on and it may unnerve you a bit.
- The unit comes with a chrome flange. If you want a flange manufactured out of stainless steel or brushed nickel, it can cost you up to $110.00 extra to get the specific parts you
- You might find the detachable scratch guard causes you a bit of difficulty when it comes time to clean the unit.
Do’s / Don’ts to Follow
- Dishwasher installation: If you are installing the Waste King Legend 8000 and if you have a dishwasher, you’ll need to remove the included plug. You will need a screwdriver and hammer to remove it.
- Adapter Kits: If you invest in an adapter kit, get the Waste King kit, as it is compatible with the unit.
- Wall Mount Switch vs. Drain Cover: You will need to hook it up to a wall-mounted switch.
- Hardwired vs. Pre-installed Plug: The Legend 8000 comes with a plug already installed. The extra components you will need include a cover plate, duplex outlet, and electrical box.
- Disposer Misuse: Do not alter, abuse, misuse, or install the unit incorrectly. If you do not hook up the electrical connections correctly, or if you allow the unit to leak, you can void the warranty.
The Waste King-L-8000 garbage disposal is a decent price for an entry-level garbage disposal. You’ll find it grinds up food fairly well, and it’s relatively quiet when running. You’ll find the ease of install one of the unit’s many advantages. Cleaning the unit is simple as well. In the end, the Waste King l-8000 proves worth your investment.
We hope you find our Waste King L-8000 Garbage Disposal Review useful. For more information, view our comprehensive disposal guide.