Looking for a new garbage disposal? Need one that’s powerful and quiet? The Waste Maid 158 Standard 1/2 HP food disposer offers sufficient grind power to pulverize food, and it is one of the least expensive, and therefore most affordable, food waste disposers for sale. The Waste Maid 158 has a super slender body so it fits nicely beneath the sink area where space is particularly tight. It has a compact design and lightweight is covered by the do it your selfer who wants to install the unit solo. Additional highlights include:
- Bio-Shield Agent to prevent the growth of bacteria that might cause odor in the unit.
- Super sharp cutting ring and a turntable that’s balanced to cut through waste fast and minimize jam potential.
- High torque motor leads to the unit’s grinding power.
- Insulation included controlling sound output.
- Master Mounting System is included for easy, fast, and efficient installation.
The Waste Maid 158 Standard garbage disposal is manufactured by Anaheim Marketing Inc’s sister company, Joneca. The unit is therefore made by the same parent company that puts out Waist King disposers. The unit is made with a balanced turntable and armature to ensure a quiet and ultra smooth operation. The unit comes complete with a power cord for ease of connectivity. Inside the Waste Maid 158 Standard, the parts are made of non-corrosive materials so you can expect the unit to last for a considerably long time. The unit comes with a removable splash guard for ease of cleaning.
Size & Power / Noise
The Waste Maid 158 weighs all of 9.2 pounds. It is compact, with a sturdy design. The unit measures 4.8” x 4.8” x 14” in all. The small size and lightweight contribute to the ease of installation. The Waste Maid 158 comes fitted with a partial sound shell to help reduce the noise the unit produces. The disposal is quiet enough to allow for two people to hold a conversation even while the unit is under operation. Noise levels may increase when a lot of food is ground at once or if the disposer is overloaded with waste. The solid connection between the unit and the sink ensures less vibration during unit operation.
Feed & Grinder
- The continuous feed allows for fast food waste pulverization and the wireless control switch motor leads to the unit’s ability to break down waste in preparation for disposal.
- The grinding components are all stainless steel.
- The unit is equipped with an anti-jam impeller so food is pulverized quickly and without issue. The grinding chamber is corrosion prove for unit longevity.
Pros of the Waste Maid 158
- The disposal is resistant to rust and corrosion.
It is light enough for a do it yourself installation.
- The continuous feed function allows for speedy disposal of food waste.
- The odor resistant feature makes the device more convenient in terms of appliance care.
- The Power cord is included so you do not have to hardwire the unit.
- Does not require assembly.
- Compact design ensures the limited use of valuable under skin space.
Cons of the Unit
- The flange is a plastic material made in a chrome color and it’s not entirely metal. If you desire a connection that matches your sink color perfectly, you may have to buy a separate part.
- The unit cannot be used for commercial purposes.
Do’s / Don’ts
- You will need to get a pipe wrench before you can begin the installation of the food waste disposal.
- You should run cold water while operating the unit and for about 25 seconds after using the disposal.
- Read the entire installation manual before you set out to install the device on your own.
- Do not unplug the dishwasher stopper if you do not plan to connect the dishwasher.
- Do not grind metal, plastics, glass, large bones, or shells in the garbage disposal.
- Do not pour harsh or caustic drain cleaners down into the unit.
Check out Horizon Services page for more info.
The Waste Maid 158 Standard is one of the best garbage disposers you can buy: This is particularly true when you examine the unit’s features, function, and all time low pricing. The disposal grinds up food waste with ease and allows for the green disposal of food waste. The durable parts and special odor controlling features put the 158 Standard model a grade above all the rest when it comes to the garbage disposals on the market today. To discover more information about the latest garbage disposal units on the market and which models rank among the best, please read our ultimate guide. We hope you find our Waste Maid 158 Standard HP review useful.