- Continuous feed: A feature that lets you put food waste into the unit quickly. You don’t have to wait for small bits of food to be ground up before you can feed in more waste.
- The grinding chamber is made of non-corrosive material so it will last a long time.
- While the unit runs, because of continuous feed, you can still add food waste to the disposer.
- The splashguard is removable so it’s easy to clean.
This affordable garbage disposal is simple to install because it comes with an EZ-Mount connection. Essentially, you can swap out an old unit with the new L-3300 easily. Just twist off the old disposer and then twist on the L-3300. In the event the unit overheats, the reset button is on the front of the disposal. The swivel impellers help to reduce the volume of jams and the included splash guard helps to prevent messes. The motor produces 3/4 horsepower, so you end up with more power for food grinding than you would get with a unit having 1/2 or 1/3 hp.
Size & Power / NoiseThe grinding chamber in the Waste King Legend Series L-3300 is insulated in order to limit the amount of noise the disposer produces. There are insulated grinding parts too, so you can expect a quieter unit than when other models. The splash guard not only keeps things neat and clean, it helps eliminate some of the sound and vibration that rises up out of the garbage disposal. The unit is light, weighing about 9.9 pounds. It has a compact housing too, measuring 9.8” X 9.8” x 15.4,” it fits neatly underneath your kitchen sink.
Feed & Grinder
The Waste King Legend Series L-3300 has a motor that supplies the unit with spinning motion for the impellers (lugs). The impellers are attached to a round disc with holes in it (not unlike what you would see inside a food processor). The impellers work to move the food against a stainless steel grind ring, and this is what pulverizes food waste, liquefies it, and makes the move with ease down the drain. The impellers are made of stainless steel, durable, and jam reducing.
Pros of the Waste King Legend Series L-3300
- An easy to clean disposer.
- Stainless steel parts to ensure the durability and longevity of the device.
- Insulated parts help minimize noise when you are grinding up food.
- The entry-level price lets you meet your budget.
- Comes with the hardware you need to connect the disposal to your sink.
- Comes with a power cord so you do not have to hardwire the unit if you do not want to do so.
Cons of the Unit
- When the impellers start up they click into place. You might find the noise startling or unnerving until you get used to it.
- When the unit is connected to your sink, it makes for a tight fit, but the sink opening is made smaller due to the rubber flange.
- The cord comes attached to the unit: This can prove troublesome if you want to hard wire the unit.
Do’s / Don’ts
- Clean the unit regularly with a bit of running water and some dish soap.
- Use the unit often as it will prevent corrosion, rusting, and parts seizing.
- Use cold water when grinding foods. Cold water causes grease to become solid so it can be ground up with greater ease.
- To clean the inside of the unit, make sure you grind small fruit pits, eggshells, fish bones, and chicken.
- To make the unit smell fresh, grind up some lemon, lime, or orange peels.
Garbage Disposal Don’ts:
- You cannot put non-biodegradable waste into the garbage disposal.
- Do not pour hot grease into the disposer. It will cling to the interior components, and eventually clog the drain.
The Waste King Legend Series L-3300 is an affordable option and great for anyone who wants to live an environmentally friendly lifestyle. The unit grinds up foods wastes quickly and helps you minimize what you send the landfill every month. We hope you find our Waste King L-3300 review useful.